Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I can't believe it's already Wednesday again.  I know I say that A LOT but it's amazing how quickly the weeks are flying by this year.


My sewing time this week has been spent getting a head start on my mini quilt for the #thimbleblossomsminiquiltswap over on Instagram.  I knew as soon as I signed up that I wanted to make a scrappy swoon mini.  I've been wanting to make a scrappy swoon for a long time but one of the problems of not having a "stash" to speak of is that it's really hard to make scrappy quilts.  I'm following the tutorial from the scrappy swoon quiltalong but I scaled my pieces down to finish at one inch.  I didn't do any math so I'm still not sure how big this will be when it's done.


I have managed to make it through step 5 so far and hope to have the top pieced by Friday because come Friday I have a whole lot of binding to sew.  I have five quilts coming back from 2 different long arm quilters and they are all suppose to arrive on Friday.


I borrowed this photo from Abby who was kind enough to show me a sneak peak on Instagram.  This is now my favorite quilt to date and I can't wait to have it back and finish it up.  Unfortunately for me it will be the last one to get done because the others are all gifts.  Two of which are for babies and we all know they aren't going to wait on their quilts to be done to make their entrance.


I'm using my leftover pieces from this quilt for the tiny swoon.  Waste not want not, right?  It's hard to believe these tiny scraps are all that's left of my Scrumptious Fat Quarter Bundle but at the same time it is satisfying to know that I've used it instead of hoarding it.

Head over to Lee's and see what everyone else is up to this week.

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.