Wednesday, August 20, 2014

WIP Wednesday

Wednesday continues to sneak up on me every week.  I haven't been doing much sewing this week.  The need to make this baby quilt that I'm not excited about has robbed me of my quilting joy.


It's looking much better and it's half way sewn together now.  I know just a couple of hours could have it finished and I just need to buckle down and do it.

Today was also the shipping deadline for the strawberry swap.  I was very lucky to have a partner in this swap that wasn't specific about what they wanted.  It can me the freedom to just create something.  She said she was a fan of Bonnie & Camille and Tula Pink.  I love both of those designers but they are pretty opposite ends of the spectrum for me.  In the end I went with Bonnie & Camille because it felt more strawberry-ish.  Is that a word?


I had a lot of fun putting this little pillow together.  The strawberry block is from the Strawberry Social pattern.  It's a super cute pattern but I wasn't prepared for how small the pieces were.  That's what happens when you just start something and don't read all the directions first.  Is it rude to tell your partner if they don't like what you made to send it back?  Cause I really like this pillow.


I also had a need to do some baking this weekend.  I use to love to bake but being married to a diabetic I don't do very much of it because neither of us should be eating goodies like this.  For some reason this weekend though I needed to make cookies.  I tried a recipe for salted caramel chocolate chip but they didn't turn out as I had hoped and most of them ended up in the trash bin.  I couldn't find the caramel bits so used the alternative of buying the cubes and cutting them in fourths.  They were too heavy and sunk to the bottom of the cookies which caused the caramel to burn before the cookies were really done.  Anyone have a good recipe or tips to keep this from happening?

I guess that's it for me this week.  Head on over to Lee's and see what everyone else is up to this week.

PS-I just noticed this is my 300 post

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your little strawberry pillow ~ so cute! and the fabrics in that baby quilt are perfect for a little one (especially with those owls in there)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found the Carmel bits at target in grocery/baking section. They work so well in cookies. Just found you on IG and had to come on over to check it all out, so many pretties!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.