Wednesday, August 13, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I can't believe it's already Wednesday and that the summer break for WIP Wednesday is already over.  I had been on a big roll with my sewing projects but I think I might have run out of steam.  My MIL asked me to make an owl themed baby quilt for her & you know when you aren't really keen on something it makes it hard to want to do it.  I don't know why I'm not feeling the love for this baby quilt but well if we are keeping it real around here I'm just not.


I started out with this after being inspired by a quilt on Instagram.  Right away I was second thinking those stripe blocks.  I thought I could use the cheater print from the line to get the same effect but it wasn't working for me.  After a quick poll on Instagram I removed the cheater print and instantly it looked a lot better to me.  I'm still not loving it but I think it will work and I won't be embarrassed to say I made it.


While I was waiting for the fabric to arrive for that baby quilt I worked on the Dream Big pattern in Swell.  The pattern is from Camille's first book so it counts towards my challenge.  The swell fabric was tracked down for me a few years ago by an online friend and I finally got around to using it.  I just need to add my boarders to this one.


The pattern calls for 3 boarders made up of two different fabrics.  These are the 3 fabrics I have to choose from.  I'm not sure but I'm thinking dots, flowers, dots.  I really like the gingham but I'm afraid it will feel a little to picnic table cloth.

That's it for me today.  Head over to Lee's and see what everyone else is up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.