Wednesday, July 16, 2014
I had a relaxing weekend at the lake but I didn't get to do much sewing this past week. When I got home I had this lovely package waiting for me. I was so excited to dive into it but forced myself to start laundry and unpack the suitcase first. It was great motivation to get that done.
Inside was my Snow Blossoms Quilt. This is the first quilt I had sent to Sarah (Crinklelove) and she did a great job with it. (More on that in a later post). Last night I made lots and lots of binding. I never thought binding was that hard but ever since I switched to using a diagnal seam to join the pieces I have had a lot more trouble. It seems I have to use my seam ripper every third piece or so. I don't know why I can't seem to get it right but it causes me a lot of frustration. I did however manage to get it done and get it sewn to the front of the quilt so now I imagine I will be spending a lot of quality time hand stitching it down in the back. It's a big quilt coming in at 83 by 83 inches.
Other than that I spent some time getting the backs of my Jelly Filled Quilts ready to go to the quilter. I'm trying out several new people right now in hopes that I will find one or two I really like. I plan to do a full review of each of them as I get my quilts back so I'll keep you posted. The baby quilt finished at about 40 inches wide so I just sewed a piece of muslin down one side of my back fabric to give them the extra room necessary to stretch it on the frame.
That's it for me this week-be sure to head over to Lee's and see what everyone else is up to.