Friday, June 20, 2014

Patchwork Puzzle-Day Trip (Block 2)

I made this block around the same time that the scrappy trip around the world quilt was making a big splash on the interwebs.  This block reminded me a lot of what a baby quilt made like that would look like and so I started calling it day trip.  This block is based on 2 1/2 inch squares and it does take a little work to put together but it's not too bad.  In fact you could even use them as starters and enders on chain piecing.


So what do you need?  This block utilized 9 different fabrics and you will need 2 1/2 inch squares in varying amounts.

A-1          B-4          C-8          D-12
E-16        F-20         G-20        H-16
I-10


A couple of things to note about this block-if you want to avoid sewing partial seams I recommend not attaching the first two rows or the bottom two rows.  This will help later, especially if you use the chunk method that I used to assemble my quilt. 


You can see the original instructions in German and the quilt that inspired mine here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.