Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WIP Wednesday (Snow Day)

I think I can count on one hand the number of times in my adult life I have ever gotten to stay home from work because of a snow day.  We are much more likely to be off for a hurricane than snow but none the less today is offically a snow day around here.


Yes, you can feel free to laugh at the tiny amount of snow on the ground that has closed up everything here in Virginia Beach.  I know it seems silly to those of you who deal with snow all the time.  We just don't have the equipment here to treat roads so a little bit can bring everything to a stop.  But I'm looking at it as a great opportunity to stay inside with some soup and sewing.


I haven't done much sewing since last Wednesday.  I managed to finish two more APQ Quilts Along blocks.  The first because I needed a distraction from the great big fabric destash that was happening over on instagram.  I've given up trying to avoid it though because people are still posting to the hashtag.  Honestly I've found a few goodies over there myself.

So that's what I'm up to this week.  Be sure to head over to Lee's and see what everyone else is working on.  And if you have snow where you are today I hope you get a chance to stay bundled up with some homemade soup.

3 comments:

  1. Snow is the perfect excuse for sewing! Love those pretty fresh blocks - do they make you dream of spring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great excuse for some extra sewing time! Your blocks are gorgeous. Visiting from wip Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.