Friday, January 3, 2014

Authentic Piece of Cake (Finish It Up Friday)

I actually finished this quilt the week of Christmas but since it is done and I haven't blogged specifically about it yet and it's done I thought it would be a great first Finish It Up Friday post.


I named this one Authentic Piece of Cake because it is a combination of the name of the fabric line and the pattern.  Authentic by Sweetwater and the Piece of Cake pattern from Camille's first Craftsy class.  I knew I wanted to make a quilt for my stepbrother in law and his wife because they are two of the most wonderful people you will ever meet.  They recently took orders to Boston and I knew they needed something extra warm to snuggle under.  She was an environment science major and rocks the cutest dreadlocks you will ever see so I knew I wanted to stick with neutral colors to suite them both.


I actually cut the pieces for this quilt over the summer while we were on our family vacation at the lake.  Call it sentimental but since they couldn't be there this year I wanted them to know I worked on it in a special place.



I didn't get a lot of great pictures of this one-completely ran out of time to snap a photo of the finished quilt but this one is sans binding and shows the quilting pretty well.  I was so lucky to find something that echoed the backing fabric so well.  That backing fabric and binding were also lucky finds.  The binding was the very last piece I could find on etsy.

So that's it for me but be sure to head over to Amanda Jean's and see what everyone else has finished up this week.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely present! I'm sure it will get great use this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like they were excited. The quilting looks amazing. What a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that that you can make dollars by locking premium pages of your blog / website?
    To start you need to open an account with AdWorkMedia and use their content locking plugin.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.