|DS Fabrics and Kona|
This partner wanted some storage for her sewing space or something she could use to take projects with her to sewing days. I was thinking from the start that I would make a social tote-but before I ordered the pattern I found out she already had it. Of course then I couldn't make it so I switched gears and tried to come up with something else. I found this tutorial online and thought why not.
Then I got sick. Turns out sewing piping for the very first time while a fever is cooking your brain isn't always the best idea. And cutting circles that are bigger than anything you have to trace in your house-well that could have been a disaster. Luckily the hubs was feeling nice and helped me out with a piece of wire and a pencil.
|Adding the piping|
If I were to make this sewing caddy again there are a lot of things I would do differently. The extremely stiff interfacing on the sides of the caddy made it very hard to turn and with as many times as they tell you to flip it back and forth mine ended up coming lose and you have to have it secured for it to work out.
|Almost done-just needs the bottom|
The instructions also don't call for you to use interfacing in the bottom of the basket but if I were making it again I would use something for sure. Even if you don't want to go with the heavy weight even a medium weight like what is used in the handles would have been better than nothing. Oh and those handles-I would make them a little larger as well.
|Finished basket-lots of pockets|
So that was my project for this week-its off on an international adventure now and I've got my fingers crossed this one will actually get where it is going. Be sure to head over to Lee's to see what everyone else is up to this week.