Monday, May 27, 2013

Hexagon Love

I spent a good part of Thursday and Friday taking a train back and forth from Norfolk, VA to Washington, DC.  I had never ridden a train here in the US before so it was a new experience.  Who knew so many people still take trains to get places.  Maybe it was because of the holiday weekend here in the states which is exactly why I didn't want to drive around in downtown DC but it sure was a busy ride.  Something I would do again for sure.  On the way up to DC I spent most of my time on my Nook doing work emails and reading because I had a great wifi signal but on the way back I wasn't able to get connected so I spent the time working on my Hexagon Charm Quilt instead.  It is such a great little project to travel with because I can just sew up chunks and then add them to the mail piece whenever I am ready.  When I look at the big piece I have done it seems to be growing so slowly but I know I managed to add two pretty significant chunks this time as well as filling in a few wholes where I needed just one or two hexagons to make the piece more even.  It's still wonky but I assume that comes with the approach.


Needless to say I have tried to spend the weekend relaxing though as always that had proven to be a bit more of a challenge than I would like so if you will excuse me I'm going to go enjoy my piece of this little beauty that I was too full to eat at today's cookout.


Happy Memorial Day to all of my fellow Americans.  If you or someone you know has/is serving our country be sure to give them an extra hug today and let them know that there are still plenty of us who appreciate their service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.