Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Week 6

I hope all of you here in the states had a Happy July 4th yesterday and that my friends in Canada enjoyed their celebration of Canada day on Friday.  The hubs went out of town with his family the weekend so I had the house all to myself.  I didn't do as much sewing as I would have liked and the time I did have I spent mostly working on more little blocks for this quilt along.  Funny how that happens, these little blocks are so addictive.  So I have more than two to show you today but I figure this will get me off the hook one week when I don't have time to make any.

Block # 21 Contrary Wife
Block # 29 Economy


Block # 34 Flock
Block # 61 Northern Lights
Block # 102 Whirlpool



 I was having a little bit of trouble with the blocks I made from the templates turning out just a smidge too small.  I ended up listening to my mom who suggested I move my needle and make a scant 1/4 inch seam.  Personally I like to sew with a true quarter inch seam and usually I am okay with that because it is consistent but since I made some of the blocks with out using the templates I decided that they all needed to square up to finish at 6 inch blocks. 



3 comments:

  1. Oh to have the house to myself for a weekend! Good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, whirlpool is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabrics you chose! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.