Friday, June 3, 2011

Looking for Something To Do?

Even though I have a ton of things on my sewing room table right now and about a million more on my list of things I need want to do, there are some amazing projects popping up all over blogland right now so I thought I would share some of them with you just in case you haven't seen them yet.  I'm still entertaining which of these projects I'll be participating in and which ones I'll be adding to my ever growing list of projects I just have to try.

Elizabeth over at Don't Call Me Betsy (one of my favorite new to me blogs) is hosting a Kaleidoscope Quilt Along.  The button she created based on the color palette for Prince Charming has me drooling.  You all know I am a huge fan of Tula Pink anyway and these colors just make me happy.  She's worked out some discount deals on fabric so I am entertaining the thought of picking some of this fabric up but the logical part of me that wants to take a vacation in August for my upcoming anniversary is suggesting this might be a good time to use something I already have.  Maybe Garden Party with white would look nice.  Or perhaps this would be a good time to break out my High Society with a nice warm color for the perfect fall quilt for my living room.  After all it will probably take me that long to finish.


If you like traditional quilts Angela and Amanda have teamed up to host a quilt along based on the Farmer's Wife book.  I love how Angela has taken the approach of making these traditional blocks in fabrics from some of today's hottest designers.  The blocks look amazing and I am excited to see how this one progresses.

Angela is going to be starting up A Zig A Zag Quilt Along.  There aren't a lot of details on this one yet but it looks like fun.  I like how the zig zag is more elongated than what you typically see and I'm interested to see how she will do this.  I am really digging the mock up in two solids and I'm thinking a blue and gray color combo would be nice.  Maybe ash with a mix of blue prints.  Maybe different colors altogether.  This one is on my maybe list and I'll have to see where I am when more details are released.

Last but not least I wanted to mention the Japanese + and X Quilt Along.  This one is really a great scrap busting project as all of the pieces are fairly small and you don't need a lot of each fabric.  I am planning to do this one but at a relatively slow rate.  More or less as an in between projects kind of thing.  So on nights where I want to sew but don't have a lot of time I can complete a block here and there.  Check out the flickr page here and take a look at all of the blocks that have already been finished.  They are amazing!  I do think fussy cutting lends a lot to these blocks so it might be slow going for me for a while.

1 comment:

  1. ACK! I really shouldn't be joining anymore things -- too many plans for the summer, but these all look great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.