Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Twisted Fandango Part 4

I finally am getting around to trying to finish this quilt. This will probably be the last peak I will show of this quilt before it's finished. For the boarders I really wanted to make smaller pinwheels that looked like they were floating. Once I figured out how to do the boarders I just picked random amounts of pinwheels that I wanted to have interlocked. I wasn't expecting the voids to actually look like pinwheels themselves. But it turns out the end product works. I don't usually like square quilts but I'm pretty fond of this little ditty so far. I have a plan in my mind for how I want to quilt this one. Now I just need to finish a couple more boarders and it will be all good to go.

This quilt has come together really easily and it was pretty simple to make.  I just used a layer cake, charm pack, and some yardage of Kona Snow.  You will need the lil' twister as well as the larger twister to make one but I see lots of potential uses for both.  In fact I have an idea for another quilt floating around in my head right now that was inspired by the boarders and 4 charm packs that I recently picked up.

3 comments:

  1. That boarder is just too cute, will be anxious to see it when your done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great and seems to be really interesting construction. I love how the border looks.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.