I haven't had a chance to do much sewing this week. I have spent most of my available time hand sewing binding on my Complications Quilt. I CAN NOT wait to have this one done. It is one of my favorite quilts I have ever made. I'm a little disappointed that this one has the "other" batting in it but I am still a huge fan. I did a few things a little differently with this one. I tried trimming up 1/4 inch away from the edge of my quilt. It does make the binding more full though in a few places it has been a little hard to navigate. I'm guessing that is probably because those areas weren't a perfect 1/4 inch.
This quilt has gotten a lot of love over on Instagram. It is based mostly on a block of the month pattern that was in German. But I left some of the blogs out and duplicated others. I am considering writing a series of post here on the blog about how mine was made with some measurements and thoughts. I just haven't figured out the best way to do that because I don't want to step on any toes or imply that it is an original design. Do any of you more experienced bloggers have any suggestions on how I can share what I did without offending anyone?
Next up I ordered this fabric for the back and binding of my APQ Quilt Along Quilt. I really need to come up with a good name for that quilt because APQ Quilt Along Quilt isn't really working for me. Most of my quilt names end up based off a combination of the pattern and fabric used in it.
Finally I did settle on my next project. I have some fat quarters of Nordika and the Snow Blossoms pattern. I chose art gallery's tender green which was one of the suggested coordinates for the line. I'm thinking this will be very different from anything I have made recently. I believe we are going to do a little impromptu #snowblossomsalong over on Instagram if you have this pattern and would like to sew along.
Be sure to head over to Lee's to see what everyone else is up to this week.